35 Questions to Ask Friends to Get to Know Them Better
It’s hard to stay away from friends for a long time, but this is the reality for many of us this year. In this blog post we give you a list of 35 questions to ask your friends to help you keep a deep and strong connection.
If you’re taking social distancing seriously this year, you probably aren’t spending as much time with friends as you’d like to. Most of us have been craving connection.
That’s why we’ve pulled together a list of quirky, informative and deep questions to help you feel close to your friends from a distance. Whether on Facetime or a Zoom call, you can use these questions to see what you know and didn’t know already about your bestie.
Icebreakers to lighten the mood
- What color is your personality most days?
- How many are too many cats for a person to own?
- Which language would you learn if you could only use swear words?
- What’s your favorite food for emotional eating?
Questions to ask to learn more about your BFF
- Who was your most embarrassing crush?
- Who do you admire for unexpected reasons and why?
- What do you do to feel better on a bad day?
- What’s the wrong thing to say to you when you’re mad?
- What’s something that made you laugh so hard you cried?
- Where would you go to escape from regular life for a year?
- Who would you want to sing happy birthday to you if it could be anyone?
- If you could own anything made of pure gold, what would it be?
- What on earth gets better with time?
- What are your peak hours during the day for energy?
- What’s the weirdest dream you’ve ever had?
- Do you ever talk to yourself and what do you say?
- What teacher taught you something unforgettable?
- Who knows you better than anyone else?
Questions to ask your bestie about you to see how well they know you
- What’s my signature gesture, phrase or facial expression?
- What am I most afraid to do alone?
- Who do I wish would text me right now?
- Who is my celebrity or fictional character alter ego?
- What’s my favorite way to spend an afternoon without phone, internet or television?
- What would I likely pay others to do for me if I had the money?
- What do I do when I can’t sleep?
- What is the most annoying thing in the world to me?
- What’s my hidden superpower?
Deep questions to ask (but only if you’re ready for them)
- What's your most important source of motivation and inner strength?
- What happens to us when we die?
- When did you feel most brave?
- Has anything or anyone ever made you question your beliefs?
- What have you done that made you feel proud?
- What are you self-critical about that you shouldn’t be?
- What's something that have a hard time quitting or letting go of?
- What’s something that will probably never change about you?
Asking deep conversation questions gives you a chance to discover new things about someone you've known forever. You'll feel closer than ever, even if you can't spend time together in person.
Bundle up in clothes from a Goodfair bundle for those long, late night Facetime sessions.